Friday, December 15, 2006

Field trips, strep throat, basketball games & a funeral.

Well that's what we've been up to.
Hannah had a field trip to the Oklahoma aquarium yesterday. Leland and I both went. Did I remember the camera? NO. I was bummed! It's a VERY cool place. If anyone want to go sometime just call me. I'd be up for a road trip. And why is it that Tulsa used to be 2 hours away and now it's only 1.5 hours? Weird. KC used to be 4 hours and we can make it there in 3 now.

Anyway at the toll booth yesterday mom called to say Jordan has a temp and a soar throat. Well he did say something about that this morning. And I said "It's snot. Suck it up and get to school. I have a field trip today!" I did actually say that. Yes that mother of the year award is in the mail as we speak. I did think it was snot though. Now I know better! Probably a good thing he need to stay home today. Half of his class is home with head lice. We do not need any of that!

We are officially done with basketball. But don't get too excited volleyball starts next week. Makayla did have a good game last night. When I'm old and grey I'm also going to have permanent bench grooves in my butt from all the games I've sat through! Still didn't remember to grab the camera. Oh well hard to get a good picture in a gym anyway.

Funerals- Seth Wilson died this week. I still can't wrap my mind around that one. I was sure even though he was 92 years old he would out live me. Why is that? I guess when you have seen someone ever time you came to church since you were 8 years old you don't expect that there will be a time that they aren't there. For someone who has a tough time making decisions death is a hard one! Seth was founded Ozark Christian College. He was one of the reason we moved here in 1980. One word of advice i can give everyone: write down your wishes for your funeral. Even if you don't really care write down something. It's really tough on the family when you don't. So give your family a gift before you go and take care of things for them.

Well I'm going to crop again tonight. I may even get Christmas cards done tonight. I really need to get them in the mail. I have gotten cards for a lot of you. Thanks! I really am going to get them done this year!

Have a great day!

No comments: