Monday, December 21, 2009

Life....

Probably gave up on me.... that's ok. I would have given up on me too.
Wow... September 1st was a long time ago. Much water has passed under that bridge. I have not even done a good job of taking pictures during that time.
Makayla's volleyball team went to state... won 3rd place.
Hannah finished up her last season of middle school volleyball and turned 14 in October.
Jordan has earned his 1st rank as a Boy Scout.
Makayla now lists herself as "single" on facebook. All good things must come to an end. There has since been a parade of boys through our house and it's only been a week. I'm not sure I can put myself out there anymore for these boys. I think I'm not recovering very quickly from this one.
I finished up my student teaching.... which mean I graduated. I have spent the day reminding myself that I graduated college. I have no idea how that happened. I remember driving down the road calling my friend Missy who works at MSSU and asking her what I needed to do to enroll in school. I knew the store was going to close and I didn't have a clue what to do with myself. It made sense to be a teacher. I had started the degree in 1990. It made more sense than just going and looking for a job. I tried to think about what I would want to do. I couldn't come up with anything else. So spring of 2007 and started taking some classes while the store was still opened. Looking back I remember that I really thought we would fix the store. I thought it was all going to work out and I would either drop out or just take a couple of classes here and there. Well... we all know that story. It didn't work out. I didn't drop out. And I took as many classes as fast as I could. Now it's over. I survived. It just still doesn't seem real.
There is so much more to say. Almost 4 months is a long time. Will I be able to keep this up again? I really don't know. I feel like facebook gives me more of a connection to the person on the other side. Facebook is a quick glimpse into the lives of my friends and family. I'm not sure what I'll do. I will post some pictures later. I don't even know if anyone is checking in here.
Later.....

No comments: