Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out with the old... in with the new....

I have no idea what it is that I find so motivating about a new year. Maybe it's the feeling of a clean slate. I clean like a crazy person before Jan. 1st. I don't like starting the new year with things on my to do list. Unfortunately that list ALWAYS has things on it. But... the house is clean. I wish it was as easy to take care of everything on that list. Oh I think today I get rid of that 50 lbs. Ok great... now I can cross that off my list! HA
I don't make resolutions. I always have a list of things I would like to improve. Who needs a new year to reflect on things that I need to change.
We are headed over to a friends house for the evening. Should be low key. The Nichols are very sweet friends. We will eat and play games. Hope to be in bed before the new years is very far under way.
I had this weird thought last night while I was laying in bed. I have been struggling with my annual sinus/bronchitis issues. I started on an antibiotic 2 weeks ago. I just could not kick it. So yesterday I went to Mediquick (couldn't get in the Dr. office). Seems it had progressed to pneumonia. I felt much better when I left the office yesterday just from the breathing treatments. I was laying in bed thinking about how fortunate we are to live at the time we do. Many of us would not live to the age we are now if we had been born at an earlier time. There was a day that I may not have recovered from that little cold. It is a strange thing to think about your mortality. I was nice enough to share my germs with the rest of my family... 4 of the 5 of us are on an antibiotic. I'm hoping this means that 2009 will begin with a healthy Fuller family.
2008 was another year that left my family facing changes. I know that many of you have faced interesting twist and turns in your life also. I hope that 2008 was a year that you were able to see God at work in your lives. I am often surprised by the direction my life is heading but I am never disappointed that God is faithful to hold my hand through it all. I hope that 2009 has a few less twist and turns but I am thankful for a faithful Heavely Father.
Talk to you next year! HA I know... corny!

No comments: