Monday, May 11, 2009

It's been crazy around here....

Friday morning we woke up to an inland hurricane... really I'm not lying.... the Joplin Globe even said so! Ok they said it was LIKE a hurricane. Makayla had to be at school at 6:30am on Friday. She had just left the house when the winds started up... 90 mile per hours winds! It was crazy! I bet there are 100 trees uprooted. Now these are not just little trees. These are huge old trees. And they look like someone just walked by and tipped the trees over. It was so weird. I took a few pictures. It is so sad to see so many trees gone.


We had a little bit of roof damage. Not to bad as compared to some of our neighbors.It was like someone stuck some leaves in a blender and left the lid off. There were little pieces of leaves all over the houses and cars.


Happy Mother's Day to me. The kids bought me some silverware. It will be so nice to have enough for everyone to have real silverware at Sunday lunch. I did not have 8 sets of anything left. Where does silverware go to?
Hannah and Jordan had their Spring Concert tonight. Hannah sang... she is 5th from the left on the top row.
Jordan is in band. He is part of the percussion group. He is so CUTE!Found this on my camera. You just never know what you will find on your camera when there are teenagers in the house!

I have my last class of the semester in the morning. I will finish up my CPR certification. I have been enjoying the last few days without classes. I have cleaned the house, done the laundry, and read a couple of books. Oh... I could get used to this life!

No comments: