Monday, January 18, 2010

January is 1/2 over? How can that be?

Well I guess 2010 is in a race to see if it can go by as quickly as 2009. Why does everything and everyone have to be in such a hurry?
Classes started at MSSU today... and I didn't have to go. WEIRD huh? Guess this is part of the new normal. I slept in until 8:30. Watched some tv on the computer.... that's my new favorite thing to do. Someone and Dave Ramsey wont let us have cable so we have 5 channels and 3 of them are PBS. That was ok when I had no time to watch tv... but now... I need something to waste my time on. So I've been watching all the channels we don't get. Man times have changed!
We tell the kids stories about how we had to talk on the phone when we were kids. HA! We tell them about a time when the phone was actually attached to the wall. It was an exciting day when we got a cord long enough to reach my room so I could shut the door. I even remember it being a huge deal to have your own phone in your bedroom... imagine that! Fuller even remembers having a party line... I love telling the kids stories like that.
I told them last night that the papaw actually got a job when he was 15. He had to give up sports and work. He had to start paying rent to live at home when he was in high school. Fuller's dad only went to the 8th grade because he had to work and give money to the family. It sure does put our lives into perspective now.
We spent the weekend running between Springfield and Springdale going to volleyball tournaments. Makayla's team took first... not really sure where Hannah's team ended up.
This week I'm hoping to sub.... I really don't want to paint the living room!
Take some time to enjoy January 2010 before it is gone...... and it is going fast!

No comments: