Sunday, May 04, 2008

Change...

Oh how I struggle against change. I'm not really sure there are many people who like things to change. Sure I like painting rooms, moving things around, buying new furniture. But I can hardly bear the thought of selling this little house that we out grew 5 years ago.
So when I woke up this morning and got ready for church I never expected life to change. But isn't that how life works. It is just full of surprises.
Mom asked me today if I wanted to know the future. I told her no I liked the feeling of being hit by a Mack truck on a regular basis. Makes me feel alive.
I'm not sure what God has in store. I'm not sure where He wants us. I'm not sure I'm ready to be a grown up.
As of June 8th my dad is without a job and we are without a church. My dad says we will keep moving forward. And I have no doubt we will. We don't know how to do anything else.
I have never gone to church without my parents. Sure we have visited churches before. But my dad has been my minister since I was 10. And maybe he will be again. I just don't have a clue what God has in store for him. I have been so surprised by the last couple of year I would not even begin to pretend that I can figure out what His plan is.
So we will move forward....I'm not sure where we are going or what we will find there but we will keep moving forward.