Monday, May 12, 2008

When it rains is pours...

or on the brighter side...

the sun will come out tomorrow:) Well it has rained and rained for days...there have even been a couple of tornadoes. So maybe a little flooding was inevitable. But after living in a house for 11 years years and never having the basement flood you would think that is something you could count on right? No, Thursday morning mom woke up to a flooded basement. Not just a little water either. We are talking gallons and gallons and gallons and gallons and gallons.. well you get the idea. So we spent Thursday and Friday cleaning that up. This will be a work in progress. I will never again tell my mom the day before a huge rain storm that I would have time pretty some to paint the basement. I was not picturing emptying the stupid thing first.

After all that fun I had finals to study for. I turned this huge stack of books back in today:) One more final tomorrow at 9am and then this semester will be over! Remember to listen for the scream!

Everyone is still trying to wrap our minds around the changes in our lives. I am looking forward to some time to really sort things out without deadlines hanging over my head. I'm sure I'll get some thinking done while I'm painting that basement this week.

Well off to baseball practice. Somethings in life have not changed. Thanks goodness! ps the sun is really pretty today!

No comments: