Monday, August 11, 2008

Picturepolooza

Mom and I took the kids on a road trip. It was only a week long and covered over 2000 miles. We stopped in Kentucky is see my BFF (hopefully you know I'm being a dork). We spent the day with Susan and her family. We laughed until we cried several times. This is a picture from her back porch. Must be a rough life. And just for the record... when you leave Missouri and it is 110 heat index you really don't want to hear anyone complain about 85 degrees. Next time she calls and complains about how hot it is I'm going to question her about what the temperature is. The kids played a little woofle (sp)ball.
And we were obviously not sleeping enough for Jordan. I can not figure out how to turn off the underlining bit on blogger right now. I'm too tired to mess with it! We were off to Michigan next. The is Lake Huron. And that is a hugh barge going under the Canadian American bridge. Did I know we were going to be that close to Canada? No. So we didn't get to go over the bridge. Next time I'll bring passports. I had to take a picture of my kids playing with Playdough. If I had bought them Playdough at home they never would have played with it. But at Aunt Cathy's they had a blast.
Aunt Cathy took us to the beach at Port Huron.

How many cousins can you fit in a baby pool. I think we were at the limit!

This was our last stop and it was very unplanned. We wanted the kids to see Lake Michigan. I didn't want to drive into Chicago so we just pulled off the road. And we found this awesome beach in New Buffalo Michigan. The kids had a blast. I enjoyed just setting an watching.
Jordan was very happy about this stop.

This is Makayla and my cousin Amy. When I look at Makayla I am often reminded of Amy. They have similar smiles. Right now Makayla's is a little bit silver but they even have the same teeth. I love looking at my kids and seeing my family in their expressions. They're similarities go even farther than the smile. They also have the same hands. Even though Amy lives 900 miles away I am constantly reminded about this funny cousin I have who have hands just like my daughter.

No comments: