Saturday, January 20, 2007

I received a new digital camera for Christmas. It's the perfect size for throwing in my purse. So I've had these pictures on my camera for a week and just now figured out how to get them off. I'm such a rote learner that I can hardly change the way I do things. See you really can't teach an old god new tricks.

This is from this Monday. We ran to Diamond which is about 10 miles southeast of Joplin to pick up Makayla's friend Hannah for volleyball practice. We thought we had a lot of ice until we started driving to her house. We had to stop and get some pictures because we could not believe how much thicker the ice was there.

Most of Joplin has electricity now. Our store didn't get it back until Friday. That was a whole week. I'm so glad we didn't live at the store. We were so blessed to not have lost our electricity for even one minute. 75% of Joplin and 90% of Springfield (250,000 people) lost electricity. Some will not have any for another 2 weeks.

And we are so exited to be getting another ice storm tonight. It was fun to drive home from Makayla's volleyball game in Springfield tonight in an ice storm. Dad, Hannah, Grandma and Grandpa are heading home from Indiana tomorrow. Please pray for safe travels.

Here are the ice pictures. It's amazing. We just don't get weather like this. The kids have been out of school for a week. that makes 8 snow days this year. I can't even tell you how long it has been since that has happened.






1 comment:

Chrissy King said...

Wowzers!! That's a lot of ice. I think I am glad that we visited last winter and not this winter!!