Saturday, July 26, 2008

I've been playing...

I have been trying to organize myself for the next semester. I saw this idea for the plastic folder in an idea book. The one I saw was an album. But I made mine into a menu, shopping list, coupon holder. I have been working on compiling a list of over 30 meals that I know my family will eat. I'll put that list in one of the pages. I'll then have extra paper for grocery list. So if I am just setting around waiting on kids (which happens a lot) I can come up with a menu for the next week. From that menu I'll make my grocery list. I've also been working on a standard grocery list of things I buy each week. I've been comparing prices with Wal-Mart, Sam's, and Dollar General. I've been making a standard list for each store. My hope is that one week I can go to Wal-Mart and the next Sam's. Then Dollar General every other week. I've just found that my cleaning supplies and beauty supplies are cheaper there. I also don't shop around at Dollar General like I do at Wal-Mart or Target. The budget needs to stretch a little farther every week. These list will go in the other pocket pages:)
Then there is a pocket for my coupons. I've been trying to use them more. I also plan on using the sale ads in Wednesday's paper to plan my meals with the sale items for that week.
We are trying to not eat out. To make that happen I'm going to have to get better about meal planning. We have done a really good job this week about eating at home!
While I was at it I made myself a matching key ring.
And I made sure my new planner matched everything too:)


No comments: