Monday, April 27, 2009

Volleyball is over!

For a few weeks anyway! HA And baseball starts tonight! Oh my! I'm liking that exclamation point today huh?
Makayla played in KC at regionals this weekend. We went up Friday night so we would be rested Saturday morning. We woke up to find out the the coaches had to go home due to a family emergency. Oh my! They needed to be home and I'm so glad they both made the choice to go. So we played with a coach we have never even practiced with. The girls did a great job. They worked together like clock work. No one was injured. We played 4 matches which are made up a 2 games each. They lost 1 game on Saturday. We placed 1st in our pool. Played all day Saturday and lost the last match to.... CARTHAGE! Can you believe we made it all that way to play a team 15 miles away that we scrimmage with at practice? We had just beat them 2 weeks before. So out of 85 teams we came in 2nd.... still a very respectable finish! Nice way to end the season. Last year we headed home after the first game. That was not fun. Much better this year!
I am down to the end in school. I teach a lesson on Wednesday and have a paper due and that's about it! What will I do with myself? Well.... this house need a good scrubbing and I bet I could find a good book to read!

No comments: