Friday, February 08, 2008

Is it wrong.....

to love Friday's so much?I remember when I was in school, as a kids there was nothing better than 2:52 on Friday which was about 2 minutes after the bell rang. I felt like I could really start living. Like all week I were standing in the longest line and at 2:52 I was finally at the end of the line. The only thing that made 2:52 better was when you walked out the door and the sun was shining. As an adult I have not really had the same feeling about a Friday... until today. I forgot what Friday's felt like. When we had the stores we were actually busier on the weekends. There really wasn't a Saturday like a lay-in-front-of-the-cartoons-all-morning-Saturday. So when I had that feeling today I was caught off guard. Why today? Because I've had a really long week? I'm not sure. But I LOVE the feeling of Friday.

This is a picture of the laundry situation on Monday. Last weekend we had 2 volleyball tournaments and 2 basketball tournaments. Those are all uniforms that have to be hung up to dry. I thought it might be fun to look back on someday. I've not really keep up with the 365 pictures. Shocking I know! But I am making an effort to take picture of everyday life that will some day not be part of every day life anymore.

If I had know how easy babies were to take care of I would have enjoyed it more. I wouldn't have complained about changing diapers so much if I had know how hard it is to raise teenagers. So I'm trying VERY hard to enjoy today. I'm sure that each step from here on out is going to be hard. I want to remember all the laundry I had to do (20 loads a week by the way!), all the beds I've made, and all the food I've cooked. I am making an effort to capture it before it's all over. I only have Makayla at home for 3 more years. That's just a moment and I don't want to forget any of it. So... I'm sure I'll have some more dorky pictures to show you as we go. Just remember that I'm trying not to forget!

Makayla has her last JV game tonight. Can you believe that her 9th grade JV season is over. I am so sad today! Time is going WAY too fast. Then she have a varsity bball tournament tomorrow and a vball tournament Sat and Sun. Hannah has a bball tournament all weekend too. So my rear will be shaped like a bleacher again on Sunday night:)

No comments: