Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring is coming...

And I know that because I saw this on the trees today.............. I've got to tell you... every year I love it when spring comes. But this year I've really looked forward to it. It was a long winter! Hannah and Jordan found the ice cream truck last night. Or maybe I should say the ice cream truck found them. I didn't get out there in time before the transaction was over but I did catch Gertrude trying to woo Hannah into sharing some.
I know this to TOTALLY gross. But Gerti did get to share. I am saving this one for her slide show at her wedding. I posted this one especially for Christina. She is gonna love all the dog spit!
2 more days until spring break. Makayla has been at Camp Barnabas since Monday for missions week. They got to keep their phone until someone was texting at night and then 48 people had their phones taken away. Makayla always has had a way of making friends like that. So I haven't really heard from her since.
Lots of projects going on at school. They about tried to kill me this last week... but I survived. The kids only have 9 weeks of school left. It is hard to believe how fast this year has gone.
I've read some really good books lately. I have Children's lit and I have to read 45 books and do reports on them. I have about 30 of them done. Some of the books have been easy reads... some a little harder.
Some books I would probably have never read if it wasn't for the fact that we have to read some Newbery and Caldecott winners.
Kira-Kira had me crying last night. Reminded me of Ruth and taking care of her.
David Weisner is probably my new favorite author. He writes and illustrated picture books. Not anything hard to read but he has an amazing imagination! Tuesday, Flotsam, and The Three Pigs are my new favorite books.
Still no March scrapbooking. But I plan on sneaking some in some time soon.

2 comments:

cLOVErs said...

Okay, your ICE CREAM truck is out already?! It is currently sno-raining here right now! And is it really warm enough for Hannah to have on shorts and a tank top?! Holy Cow. Don't get me wrong, we are seeing some hints of spring... but the ICE CREAM truck?! Enjoy! Jen

Anonymous said...

I read this post yesterday but was unable to respond because I had to run to the ladies room and retch uncontrollably. Sicko!
Christina