Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A little bit pathetic....

If you haven't heard... Feb 17th is a very important day! HA We keep talking about getting a converter box. I am not going to pay $60 for a box and all the government coupons have run out. Now that we are on the road to financial peace... I'm gonna guess that a new t.v. is not in the budget. Leland brought it to my attention that we have never bought a t.v. before. Wow... can that be true? Yep! We have the same little t.v. in the living room that mom and dad bought us for a wedding gift. Could you have had a little foresight to know that nearly 17 years later we would still be using the same t.v.? Maybe you could have sprung for the larger screen please. HAHA! Its still working pretty good. You have to kind of let it warm up so the picture will stop flipping. Really no one watches that t.v. Maybe a few minutes in the morning. But I have this really cool table thing that the t.v. sets on and I can not bring myself to getting rid of the t.v. because that really cool table that weighs about 2oo lbs.that my mom drug through Sam's and load in her car by herself would look weird without a t.v. even if that t.v. is a little 17 year old picture flipping t.v. (Oh man that was a MAJOR run on sentence. And to think I will teach children someday... SOON! This is not something I should be proud of huh?)The t.v. in our bed room was inherited. No picture flipping on that set... and it is sad for me to admit... but I'm really the only one watching t.v. at my house. I turn it on when I crawl in bed at night. So... back to the decision about the converter box... think I can live without t.v.? Well we may just find out on Feb. 17th!

4 comments:

cLOVErs said...

Honestly, I kinda wish I had your delima. I would love to not have a tv. But we watch a lot of it - way too much - and we just might kill each other with out it. Okay, I'm being dramatic, but still... it would be hard. Maybe we'll send you one of ours. Wonder how much the shipping would be? I'm guessing a heck of a lot more than $60! Ha ha.

our crazy life said...

Target has the boxes on sale this week for $45...is that a little better?

Anonymous said...

BEFORE YOU START READING DON"T YOU SAY A THING ABOUT MY SPELLING OR GRAMMAR REMEMBER I AM NOT A TEACHER!!!! Ok, I filled the coupon out on line anyway even if it was for the waiting list, first b/c I think they will issuse more of them and didn't they say something on the news that they were thinking about changeing the date due to some many people not ready? look we aren;t the only loser out there!!! Also I am thinking that there will be no new tv for you! don't worry there wont be one for me either.

Anonymous said...

hey forgot to put my name on that last one but i am sure you could tell who it was from