Tuesday, January 29, 2008

God never fails to put life in perspective...





I went to check on the girls at about 9:30 tonight. I found Hannah looking out the window. So I proceeded to ask her what she was looking at. She told me nothing. I didn't believe her and I just couldn't let that go. The longer I stood there the more something just didn't seem right. I notice some lights on the wall that just shouldn't have been there. So I looked out the see what was going on. I look over to the neighbors house and ask myself the dumbest questions ever. "I wonder why the Drakes are burning their shed down at 9:30 at night." Then about a split second later it dawns on me that they aren't burning their shed but the shed is on fire. I had Makayla call the neighbors and I called 911. I didn't get a picture of the flames that were as high as the house. Sure wish my firefighter cousin had been here to put this fire out. When I'm not tired I'm going to tell you a little story about this shed. But for now please keep the Drake family in your prayers. This is only one more struggle that they are going through right now.

No comments: