Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Should I be doing something besides blogging?

Sure... but this is a nice distraction.


Here are 2 pictures from my back yard. The first one is the shed that burnt last night. The second one is a house that is a block away (but you can see it from our yard). This house burnt last fall. It's kind of eerie to look out and see just how distructive a fire can be. In both cases no one was hurt. But it's a reminder of just what you can loss.
Even though it was just a shed it was so sad. This family has spent hours building this shed. This shed was not built by a builder or just pulled on a lot. This shed was a family project. They had spend hours working on this project. My kids have even pitched in over the last 2 years. I know thats a long time to build a shed but like I said it was a family project. I just stand and look at it and think to myself how many hours they work on something that took about 30 minutes to destroy.
Well we may have a snow day tomorrow. I'm not sure I can tell you how HAPPY that would make me. I am in a little bit better frame of mind about school. I have part of my major project that is due in 3 weeks done. If someone ever tells you it would be ok to take a Sr. level class that is over in 6 weeks tell them "no thanks". Let them know you are way too smart to do something that stupid. So I'm going to be tortured a few more weeks until this class is over.
Makayla was released from the Dr. today. So we are ready to start playing games all weekend. Like I said maybe we'll have some snow days:)

No comments: